I love books and I love Christmas, so these two things combined make me especially happy. When I was younger, I used to have a goal where I was going to try and read every book in the world (obviously my 10-year-old self was extremely unrealistic).
Regardless, I found that in the past two years, I’ve wanted to read more holiday books and so I’ve been borrowing them from the library. First off I found some Christmas books have a sad storyline, or they are romantic books (like Debbie Macomber is the queen of Christmas romantic books) or they are picture books. While I really tried to find non-romantic happy Christmas books, I haven’t been very successful (also I didn’t try that hard so this list is based on my meager attempts).
I’ve read all the books listed and they’re all great and incredibly cheesy . Also really no shame in reading romantic Christmas fiction because it creates the best happy holiday feelings.
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- The Gift of the Magi by Lisbeth Zwerger
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Last Christmas in Paris by Hazel Ganor
- Merry and Bright by Debbie Macomber
- The Nutcracker by E.T.A Hoffman
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Eloise at Christmastime by Kay Thompson
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree by Gloria Houston
- Christmas in London by Anita Hughes
- A Very Merry Princess by Susan Mallery
- A Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles Schulz
- Let it Snow by John Green and Lauren Myracle
- My True Love Gave To Me by Stephanie Perkins
- Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by Agatha Christie
Know of any good Christmas books? I would love some recommendations!